Get the best price for your property. Trust local expertise Call us on 02 9713 2900
First Time Selling with Us?
When you sell property with Elite Property, you can rest assured that your property management is in good hands. The whole process is precisely looked after by our team of local experts with local knowledge. We have been in the boutique real estate agency business since 1998, serving over 9000 clients in the Inner West of Sydney. Our mission is simple- to aid the local community with efficient sales and purchases of properties.
We’re Proud to Be Local
We are a talented team of local professionals with local knowledge of the area’s real estate, giving you an advantage when you are in the market to sell your house. Our local knowledge is what sets us apart from the rest, ensuring security and guarantee of the best prices for your property. At Elite, we focus on the Inner West suburbs and are best known for our work in Abbotsford, Asfhield, Cabarita, Canada Bay, Chiswick, Concord, Concord West, Croydon, Croydon Park, Drummoyne, Five Dock, Haberfield, Homebush, Leichardt, North Strathfield, Lewisham, Rodd Point, Russell Lea and Wareemba.
Ready to sell your property? Talk to us today
7 Points to Consider When Selling Property
1. Research Agents- Research different agents similar to the way you would look for a residential property. Ask them to come and conduct an appraisal of your residential property and ask them questions, to establish if the agent knows the area, other properties that are for sale, properties that have sold, what the marketing costs and selling costs are.
2. Choose an Agent – Choose an agent that not only has a detailed insight into the local market but one that you feel comfortable with and is enthusiastic about selling your house. A lot of agents like to overprice properties in order to buy the listing and then negotiate the seller down once they are on board and have invested in marketing.
3. Choose a Solicitor – Now that you’re ready to engage a solicitor, ensure that your solicitor is up to date with all the latest government legislation which is constantly changing. On top of the normal 149 certificate, water diagram, survey, strata by laws and plans, title search, there are also clearance certificates required these days for capital gain and tax office payments.
4. Presentation – Whether your residential property is dilapidated or a new property, always ensure you put in the hard yards to present properly if you want to sell your property. Ensure you either repaint or at least touch-up areas, lighten up and replenish landscaping, repair anything that is broken or looks unpleasant and conduct a thorough and detailed clean.
5. Major issues – Check if your property needs major repairs such as a broken security fence, overgrown tree, broken gutters or roof, cracks or holes in outside or inside walls and floors, damaged amenities, holes in yard area or parking area and damaged any part of the property.
6. Price – In a transitioning market, it’s hard to pick a price for your property which is why most agents tend to hold auction campaigns. An agent should be able to give you an accurate figure. If you’re concerned about getting the price right, engage a true to establish the correct figure.
7. Marketing – One of the keys to achieving the best price for your property is by attracting multiple buyers with your online presence. This involves taking professional photos on the right day, designing colour floor plans, punchy videos, catchy selling lines and descriptions, attractive print, and newspaper or online media such as realestate.com.au and domain.com.au
For more information about selling your house with Elite, call us on 02 9713 2900